ALUMINUM EXTRUSION FOR FRAMES AND GUARDING, MODULAR CONVEYOR SYSTEMS
Robotunits is a global manufacturer of a Modular Automation System for production equipment. This includes Conveyor and Linear Motion Technology, Material Handling, as well as Machine Framing and Guarding. The core of Robotunits is its unique aluminum extrusion & fastening technology which strictly follows a lean manufacturing concept of "More with Less".
At Gibson Engineering we're proud to offer a comprehensive lineup of Robotunits conveyor systems, modular extrusion technology, and machine frames and guards to help manufacturing companies or machine builders succeed in their industries. We always work with our customers to find the best possible solution or design something custom for their application's requirements.
Flexible Modular Belt Conveyors
Robotunits has developed a unique service-friendly modular belt conveyor, for use in harsh conditions. With this technology extremely flexible conveyor lines can be created, that are wider, longer and with the proper selection of belt. Straight, curved and gradients can be combined to user-defined sizes.
Robotunits safety fence system is a straightforward and safe way to protect an area of a machine or process area. Completely prefabricated safety fence elements are ordered and can be easily and quickly assembled by just one person offering a flexible and time-saving safety system.
Robotunits Product Solutions
Robotunits Tools & Downloads
40-Series Fastening System
50-Series Fastening System
Powered Roller Conveyor System
Benefits of Modular Extrusion Technology
Investing in Robotunits extrusion technologies with Gibson Engineering enables you to experience all the advantages/benefits of this advanced connection systems:
- Unlimited reusability: Because you can connect our components without any drilling or milling, you can reuse our extrusions and save on material costs.
- Easy post-assembly changes: Easily integrate or reposition struts post-assembly without dismantling the frame or cutting the existing structure.
- Save time and cut costs: Our modular systems keep your assembly time to a minimum. Extrusion length is the only measurement you need — no boreholes or drawings required.
- Vibration resistance: Due to their concave extrusion surfaces, these systems are highly resistant to vibrations.
- Maximum Stability: Absolutely play-free, accurate, and centrally aligned connections.
- Standard T-Slot Size: A standard 14mm T-slot size allows all size profiles to work interchangeably.
- Strong: A single fastener provides up to 4 tons of tensile strength,the extrusion's tubular honeycomb structure allows for outstanding torsion and load resistance.
Robotunits Lean Manufacturing Concept: More with Less
The idea of the Robotunits Modular Automation System is to use the least possible number of components to offer a maximum of possible solutions. For Robotunits customers, this translates into time and cost savings in design, logistics, storage, training and assembly.
Although there are various options in both the 40- and 50-millimeter extrusion families, both sizes are compatible thanks to their 14-millimeter T-slot. By standardizing the slot in this way, you reduce hardware by a factor of three , and all hardware can be used interchangeably. By contrast, other Cartesian system manufacturers require a new set of components any time they change extrusion size.
Heavy Duty Frame
Work & Assembly Station
Modular Belt Conveyor
Belt Conveyor & Guard
Purchase Conveyor Systems for Your Facility at Gibson Engineering Today
Success is often measured by efficiency and speed, this means always keeping one step ahead regarding the time required for delivery, design and assembly. Contact the expert Gibson Engineering team today to review your machine frame, guard or conveyor needs & see what Robotunits can do for your team.
Have a Machine Frame or Guarding Application?
Learn more about the Gibson Engineering Custom Design and Fabrication capabilities and our concept and design process.
Gibson Engineering’s experienced engineering team can conceptualize, design, and build machine frames or guards. Whether you need a manual workstation, an accessory for your mobile robot, or safety guarding around a larger automation cell, Gibson Engineering has the capability to work with your team to design a solution to meet your needs. Our team of engineers can help provide a production-ready solution to a simple assembly kit. Contact us today to get started or to learn more about how we can help you solve your machine frame or guard needs.